Smart Thermostats that Save you Money
Have you ever been on your way home, and dreaded the thought of walking in to a freezing or hot house? We see this a lot with our clients who have a second home or a cabin where they visit a few times per year. It doesn’t make sense to run the thermostat all year long when you’re only there for a week at a time.
This solution is easy – your smart thermostat can be controlled by your iPhone, Android phone, iPad, iPod, computer, etc. Simply touch a button on your phone to heat or cool your home so it’s perfect when you get there. Hit another button on your way out, and your home returns to standby mode.
Some of the integrations that our customers love are:
- Vacation Mode – Touch this button to automatically set your home to a standby state. Thermostat is set to a low-energy maintenance setting, doors lock, blinds close, security system sets, and lights simulate usage.
- Goodnight Mode – This setting turns all lights out, locks all doors, arms the security system, and sets the bedroom temperature to the level that is comfortable for sleeping.
- Coming Home Mode – Hit the button on your way home from work, or when arriving at your cabin. The thermostat makes sure your home is comfortable by the time you get there, security system disarms, and entryway lights illuminate.
- Wakeup Mode – Hit this button, or schedule it for when you wake up in the morning. The blinds will open towards the sun, your favorite songs come on in place of an alarm, security system disarms, and bedroom lights turn on.
What Can You Do with Automated Climate Control?
Save Money. Save Energy. Save the Planet. What can’t you do with automated climate control? You’ll never have to funnel expensive energy costs into an empty home. Not only can you trust that your home is using less energy, you can check it or change it right from your phone, anywhere in the world.
Control your thermostat (or anything in your home, for that matter) with:
- Android Phone
- iPod Touch
- Remote Control
- Wall touch panel
- Computer (PC, Mac, or Linux)
This ensures that you’re always in control of your environment, and empowered!
Independent Heating & Cooling Zones
If your HVAC system is equipped to handle zones, controlled climate gets awesome.
Currently, the majority of thermostats are incredibly inefficient. It’s located in an easy-access location where the air gets warm fast, while the upstairs rooms are several degrees cooler. You end up having to keep the main rooms warmer than necessary to make sure the bedrooms are comfortable. That’s a big waste.
Imagine having zones for your living spaces, bedrooms, and garage that are all programmable and controllable from your phone. Besides the convenience factor, think of how much money that will save you over time only heating/cooling the areas that need it, when they need it.
Most people we speak with don’t use bedrooms very much during the day, and don’t use living space at nights. They also like to sleep in a different temperature than they normally live in. The solution is to put the bedrooms on their own heating/cooling zone and programs, and do the same for living space. It’s a fantastic system for new construction, and as with all Big Fish Automation installs, controlling your thermostat remotely is simple!